Shiori Shauntal is a human who is capable of 'Polymorphing', which allows her to morph into multiple forms. Her alternate forms differ from regular enemies in that she can respawn a short time after her defeat. As a character, she has a rather important role in Tirahnys's history, having named it's various towns and cities. However, her greed had corrupted her and so she remains an earthbound spirit.
She serves as one of the game's optional bosses, along with Sycor 2 and Cheriza du Blaze . Her battle has multiple phases: Phase 1 has her fight as herself, though she goes down easily. After that, Phase 2 has her morph into a fish (similar to Micren) with the battle taking place in a blue room with instakill spikes on the bottom. When that form goes down, she morphs into a green elephant with a square eye. Her next form is actually multiple Igors in a room with moving buzzsaws. Her "true" form is actually a green mushroom, which can charge at Serenity. Once that form is defeated, Shori dies and is no longer an earthbound spirt.
Being a shapeshiftress, her appearance tends to vary. Her default form is a humanoid woman with fair skin, red and white hetereochromia, lavender hair, a white uniform with a pink skirt and tights with dark shoes. She also wields two Arcanum in this form unlike Serenity who can only have one.
Her polymorphed forms differ greatly: The form she takes while attacking you in the Myst Zone is a red wasp with arm blades and four wings and can shortly respawn after being defeated.
Her second phase has her morph into a form similar to Micren which is a large faded pink fish with several white fins and purple lips which wears an olive green metallic helmet with a spotted pattern and red eyes.
Her third form has her morph into a small cycloptic elephant with a singular square dark blue eye and an olive green body.
Her fourth form resembles Igor from Cave Story and remains unchanged.
Her last form is a light mint green mushroom with blue markings on it's face. It's also one of the few bosses in the game that cannot be damaged with Misery's End.
From what is seen of Shiori, time wasn't kind to her and she's left with an unstable personality. According to Shiori herself, her greed in life corrupted her and left her in her current state. Before that, she had an important role in history and was most likely a different person. During the first phase, it's shown that Shiori herself isn't an adept fighter though it may be a trick to lure her foes into a false sense of security.
Much like Cheriza, most of her combat prowess comes from her polymorphed forms and she appears to rely on her polymorphing quite often. Her first two polymorphed forms use brute force and when that fails, her next two forms use her ability to create copies of herself. When finally reduced to her final form, she claims it to be her true form though it's clear that she's lost all of her sanity at that point.
Phase 1: Shori
- Twin Arcanum (A sound cue plays before firing off several rapid fire bullets.)
Phase 2: Fish Shori
- Call Fish/Urchin (Calls upon fish and urchin, which can be shot for hearts)
- Dark Shot (Fires several energy shots, which can be easily dodged)
Phase 3: Elephant Shori
- Charge (Runs around, charging at anything in the way.)
Phase 4: Igor Copies
- Energy Machine Gun (Fires rapid fire energy shots out of it's mouth)
- Punch (Punches at the player)
- Lunge (Will lunge at the player in order to get close)
Phase 5: Mushroom Shiori
- Charge (Charges at the player, which can be jumped over)
- Mini Copies (Copies of Shori drop from the ceiling, which can be killed for ammo and hearts.)
- Love Coloured Master Spark[Touhou] Plays during the battle with Shori's first form.
- Battle on the Big Bridge [FInal Fantasy V] Plays during the battles with Shori's polymorphed forms.
- Chapter X of The Guardian Beasts shows that she had a hand in it's creation if her insistence of being called 'The Shapeshiftress' is anything to go by.
- Shori's pre-battle dialogue paraphrases Ballos's own pre-battle dialogue and her heterochromia is red and white like his.
- Despite how tough fighting multiple Igors would be, Serenity can go right and hide inside one of the lava pits, allowing her to easily dispatch them without taking damage from their attacks.
- The room in the final phase appears to be bugged, because the player cannot move to the other side of the room due to an invisible wall. However with some tenacity, the player can fly over the wall and continue story events as normal.
|Characters (Lunar Shadow)|
|Aidan Flamberge • Alexis Flamberge • Aqua • Azehr • Aziza • Cheriza du Blaze • Eron Araia Armweak • Evan O'Neill • Grialdyn • Hiranya Mitsuru • Ignis du Blaze • Ilina Horton • Invidia • Irving • Ladislaw Smit • Lunadine Crimstaine • Micren • Noxakaisink • Selena Daria van der Merwe • Serenity Clones • Serenity Horton • Shiki Tashiki • Shinica Horton • Shiori Shauntal • Sycor • Terra • Tia and Mat • Valerie Horton • Valkyrie Horton • Xydia Horton • Xyz|
|Bosses (Lunar Shadow)|
|Aidan Flamberge • Alexis Flamberge • Azehr • Bao i Ora mi Que • Cheriza du Blaze • Grialdyn • Invidia • Irving • Kulala • Lunadine Crimstaine • Micren • Nemesis • Noxakaisink • Serenity Clones • Shinica Horton • Shiori Shauntal • Sycor • Tia and Mat • Valkyrie Horton • Xyz|