Selenic Shadow was a Cave Story mod created by Kim and Ariana Seymour (aka Cibryll). It was first released on June 13th, 2016 with an updated version released on 12th July 2016. The mod itself is non-canonical to the story set out in Lunar Shadow and has Selena Daria as the main character.
Selena Daria van der Merwe wakes up in a mysterious place and ends up following unknown people to find the answers she seeks. Along the way, she comes face to face with the guardians of Grei'dryr, an ancient civilization of magic and technology that was destroyed by three powerful shadows.
- Shana (playable after Grie'dyr: Thunder)
- Shinica Horton (currently unused)
The main setting of Selenic Shadow is Grié'dýr, which is split into several areas:
- Awakening (hub room)
- Agony (second hub room)
- Disaster (third hub room)
- Death (fourth hub room; Shana is playable from this point on).
- Music (sound test room, both Selena and Shana can access their own rooms)
|Ichi||Male||Unknown||The first 'Grié'dýr Guardian 'to be fought in Selenic Shadow.|
|Ilina Horton||Female||Valkyrie||Two of them appear; one looks like 2013 Ilina, while the other looks like 2015 Ilina.|
|Nemesis||Female||Goddess||Cannot be fought due to a game-crashing bug.|
|Ni||Genderless||Unknown||The second 'Grié'dýr Guardian 'to be fought in Selenic Shadow.|
|San||Genderless||Unknown||The third 'Grié'dýr Guardian 'to be fought in Selenic Shadow.|
|Selena Daria van der Merwe||Female||Human|
|Shinica Horton||Female||Valkyrie||A playable character who has yet to appear in the mod.|
|Shi||Genderless||Unknown||The final 'Grié'dýr Guardian 'to be fought in Selenic Shadow.|
|Unknown girl||Female||Unknown||Appears in Grié'dýr: Sound|
|Unknown robot||Genderless||Robot||Appears in Grié'dýr: Sound|
- Version 188.8.131.52 was released on 13 June 2016, while Version 184.108.40.206 was released on 12 July 2016.
- Ariana Seymour was actually one of Cibryll's many sockpuppets and the first one to be credited as a co-developer.
- Co-incidentally all of the characters in this game's MyChar file all have names beginning with "S"
- Selenic Shadow reuses tilesets from The Curse of Il'landriiel, a mod created by Cibryll (as Shane). This explains why the grey brick tiles and the symbols exist in Selenic Shadow, why Selena Daria van der Merwe looks similar to her Shane: Hope of Frost counterpart or that both mods have rising water in one room (Kim learnt it from Cibryll).
|Lunar Shadow Project|
|Canon Games: Apocalyptic Shadow • Lunar Shadow ZERO • Lunar Shadow • Lunar Shadow X • Umbrageous Light|